Thursday, August 10, 2017

Melody of the heartstrings

We were walking down the street,she was eating an icecream. It was a special day, her birthday. Unfortunately I was running out of money, all that I had ,were a couple of 10 rupee note and coins.
“I am a stupid guy,don’t you think?”.

Today is my special one’s birthday,and I came to meet her with just 20 bucks??”Well I’m shameless”, I uttered hopelessly.
I could see she was enjoying too much, licking around that rich, creamy goodness.. but I was feeling bad inside.
She was staring at me constantly,I didn’t know,I was looking at the ground, thinking gibberish.. suddenly she came closer and said,”nothing has happened at all, this is my best birthday gift till now”.
I smiled,”It can’t be your best gift,you eat icecream often…”.
She replied,”You do not buy me all the time, do you?”.
“No.So what?”I said,
“I promised you something, I didn’t​ bring that, that’s my mistake and I’m sorry..”I said,
“Don’t Tell me sorry , I will kill you the next time…”she looked at me angrily.
“I know what you did with your money..”she was smiling.
“You gotta be kidding me! Are you serious?” I was a bit confused.
“I know you,you can’t lie to me. Look straight into my eyes,I am your girlfriend ,no one can know you better than me..”.
“Yes”,I muttered.
“Aditi told me…it was you who gave 300rs participation fees for that clg dance competition not Pritam..”, she smiled.
“You always wanted to dance”,I said,”..it’s a big platform..”.
She looked right into my eyes and said,”And I also want to marry you…”.
I smiled…held her little tight…
She said”…let’s go..let’s eat ‘phuchkas’ but this time ..it’s my treat…And take this..
She handed me 50rs…”save it…till you get your fees..” and she started walking..
I became numb …I don’t know why,but she made me cry…”Wait,I’m coming…honey”…

–END–

No comments:

Post a Comment